Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Hong Kong, Dec 2013- Victoria Peak

Ahhhhh, Sundays.
My Sundays are usually routine. Today was no different, except I don't 
have to prepare for work tomorrow morning!

Yes, its Hari Raya.
Selamat Hari Raya! :)

*

A place I really miss and absolutely MUST return to is.. The Oriental Manhattan, aka Hong Kong!
My last and first visit was in December 2013.
This trip is even foggier than my previous posts because this was almost 2 years ago, so I will just blog as per the photos I took on my camera.

We went to Hong Kong around mid Dec 2013, and stayed in Mini Hotel in Causeway Bay, which was an excellent location! Shopping malls and public transport are within walking distance.

Times Square
December called for beautiful Christmas deco!

On one fine day, we went to Victoria Peak.



The Tram up the Peak
 You have to pay to go up the tram up the mountain, called Mount Austin. 

From Google:
Victoria Peak (Chinese太平山, or previously Chinese扯旗山) is a mountain in the western half of Hong Kong Island. It is also known as Mount Austin, and locally as The Peak. With an altitude of 552 m (1,811 ft), it is the highest mountain on Hong Kong island, ranked 31 in terms of altitude in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Tai Mo Shan is the highest point in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region with an altitude of 957 m).
At the peak, there are several shops, as well as a Madame Tussauds! There is an entrance fee of HKD 300 per person (approx $52 BND), which was pretty steep (geddit) but it was my first visit to a Madame Tussauds, so it was all systems go.

Naturally, Madame Tussauds HK was mostly comprised of Hong Kong stars and legends. I'm not that big on Hong Kong movie/ music industry, largely because I don't speak Cantonese. It was bad because everyone speaks Cantonese there.

Andy Lau
The Duke and Queen of England. Can I please have my cup of tea?
Aaron Kwok and his shiny get up!

Malaysian Pride, Michelle Yeoh


The incredible Donnie Yen's fort
There was a whole section dedicated to the legendary Donnie Yen!
I remember being most ecstatic about this because I love Donnie, and his amazing films. If you haven't seen them, you simply must. Especially IP Man. Start with that!

Chillin by the Hall of Donnie Fame
If music be the food of love, play on!


Shakespeare! I took English Literature in high school, and aced it, and grew to love the masterpiece we studied, which was Twelfth Night.

Just me chit chatting with Deng Xiao Ping, leader of China from from 1978 until his retirement in 1992
Founding Father of Singapore, Lee Kuan Yew
Hong Kong game show host, Eric Tsang
Needs no introduction really, this Smooth Criminal!

I get by with a little help from these friends
Under no Pressure with Mr. Mercury!
Radio GAGA over Lady Gaga
The Incredible Hulk :)

During that time, they had this Monkey King gig set up, to promote the movie when it wasn't released yet. I was so excited for the film, but it turned out to be a flop. You can skip this movie that Donnie Yen was in.

After that, we had lunch at Bubba Gump (FREAKIN LOVE FOREST GUMP), and then we went to the top to have some killer breathtaking views of Hong Kong island!







No comments:

Post a Comment