Pages

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Sister Act in Singapore

Gosh, I am so behind with my travel posts. I'd like to think it is because I travel too often but it really is because I am so not loyal in blogging.

I've just recently been engrossed in War Films and War history, which I feel is quite questionable on the time spent because I am so forgetful. Tragic because history entices me deeply but my memory is just shit.

I'm going to backtrack a little to May when I was in Singapore. So I was in Singapore for a week, with the first few days for work and then I extended my stay alone for a few more days.
So what I did was after work was over, I moved from Mariott at Tang Plaza in Orchard to Hotel G, a boutique hotel in Middle Road, which is near Bugis. I've never stayed in that hotel before but reviews were good and it was the cheapest by the time my work trip was confirmed.

The Hotel wasn't difficult to find. It was definitely a change from the high-ceiling, posh hotel of Mariott but it was good enough for me, and it was frankly a boutique hotel for half the price. The lobby for check-in is on a higher floor so you have to enter from the bar downstairs.

The room was small. I want to say quaint but I think I use the word way too often. So this is the bed and there is a luggage-shaped hole below it for your luggage. There is also other stuff like the safe (as above), hair dryer, water heating and....

USB ports! I was very bothered that Mariott didn't have ANY USB ports (old hotel) so technology kept failing me throughout my days there. Hotel G also provides you with a phone to use but I didn't use it, because I already had a M1 Tourist line.

It is safe to say I fully utilised the USB ports almost all the time I stayed there. I brought along two phones and two portable chargers, haha. When you travel alone, it is a true nightmare to have your phone dying on you.. I practically lived on Google Maps and Google search.

The toilet was small but fine, and I kind of broke the shower, so I was really glad when I returned the next day, room keeping fixed it.

So anyway, when my trip was confirmed, I bought my tickets for Sister Act the Musical. I was so thrilled when I saw it was on when I was there!


 It was in the MBS Theatre and it was harder to find than I'd liked. I was so worried I would be late! But thankfully the signs in MBS helped! The theatre was smaller than the one in Esplanade which I last went to for Les Mis.



 my seat was shit because I bought the cheapest option :P

 I enjoyed the musical a lot, it had the same plot as the movie with Whoopi Goldberg but the songs were all different and new. I really liked "Take me to Heaven", it was really catchy. The musical was very colorful and fun!

After the musical, I took the MRT back to Bugis to go back to the hotel. I take some pride in being able to find my way around the MRT because I don't normally look at directions when my BF is around.. There was one night I took the MRT from Ayer Teluk to Rochor and walked back to the hotel at midnight.. alone :-|
I don't think I am in a rush to do that again.

Was in Bugis Junction when I came across this Thai Milk Tea joint:


 I love Thai Milk Tea! I was pleasantly surprised because this one allowed adjustment to the sugar level. :-)

When I was in Sg alone, I was really bored and didn't know where else to go. I guess traveling alone has its ups and downs. Earlier the day of Sister Act, I took a Grab all the way to IMM, an outlet mall all the way in Jurong East Hahaha. It was a big mall with 60 outlet stores ranging from Charles and Keith to electronic stores. I only came out with a steal buy from C&K and a pair of Hush Puppies for my mum. Interesting place you can check out if you want a cheaper option for shopping in expensive Singapore!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment