Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Day at the (British) Museum

I was in London back in Sept 2015, a year ago and I realized I have not had the opportunity to blog about it yet.

One fine day, we went for breakfast at Duck & Waffle, which is lovely restaurant with a killer view on the 40th floor of 110 Bishopsgate. It is open 24/7 and caters for breakfast til drinks at night. 110 Bishopsgate is one of London’s tallest buildings

Guests are transported to Duck & Waffle from a private entrance on Bishopsgate via two express, double-glazed scenic lifts.

We went there with one of my dear friends, Wendy, who has been relocated to the UK with her husband.

My boyfriend

Mentioned dear friend, Wendy
I ordered the Duck & Waffle because... I figured it was their signature, with their name being.. Duck & Waffle.... My boyfriend ordered the English breakfast set which I don't have a photo of. He said he couldn't accept waffle and a penyet duck. Haha. I was content with my food, with it being quite the special combo. paired with a cuppa latte, my breakfast was great for me to 'bon apetit'!


Picture 40 floors up, photobombed by the Shard
I had some kinda gothic look going on, I know... I was trying out a new lipstick I got from Revlon, I think.

After that, we spent our Day in the Museum!
My boyfriend wanted to check out a museum, so we  went to the British Museum.

Entrance to the Museum is free, but you are encouraged to leave a donation of £5, although it isn't compulsory.


We had to queue for a little bit at the entrance, as there was a quick check by the security guards

Sup?


There are 10 D curatorial and research departments in the British Museum:

We started off with the Department of Ancient Egypt and Sudan bit first because that was one of the most interesting and popular ones.
There are over 100,000 Egyptian antiquities kept here. 

Room 4 – Colossal bust of Ramesses II, the 'Younger Memnon', 1250 BC




Real mummy!


Rooms 62 to 63 - Mummies on display in the Egyptian Death and Afterlife galleries





After that, we branched out to the Department of Greece and Rome, also a crowd favorite. The Museum was huge and had many floors so we had to literally make our way to find the Departments we wanted to see.








Of course we had to go back to our roots at the Department of Asia:









 So glad to have had my friend take us around London that day!!

We spent a couple of hours in the Museum, which ideally isn't enough if you really want to soak it ALL in, but it was a lot of information and we were pretty contented with what we got to see.. (aka MUMMIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no, not really but you know what I mean).

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment